Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Art Unleashed 2010

For this years Art Unleashed event I came up with an idea to do a bunch of illustrations based on dog breeds. What started as a few soon became many, so many that I needed to pull in a few of my friends to help. It took a few months to complete but turned out fantastic, and it sold for $1,250! That should take care of a lot of dogs and cats at Kansas City's Humane Society. I illustrated the Pug, Saint Bernard, Blood Hound, Whippet, Great Dane and the little black cat. Jen Rarey, Steph Allen and Jack Pullan did some pretty nice artwork too. Easily one of the best things I've worked this summer.

4 comments:

  1. Your artwork is AWESOME! I love it and so awesome that you helped raise money for the doggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a link to an article Jen Rarey put up explaining the making of the artwork. We named it "Canine Collection"...

    http://jenrarey.blogspot.com/2010/08/au-crew.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Whippet may be the most awesome piece of art ever created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Bob. That needs to be on t-shirts. Devo fans (and Polysics fans!) everywhere will want one!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete