Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Fire Dept. & Vermin Poets

Here are two new albums I love. The Fire Dept. I don't know too much about, but I've heard them mentioned for years. Their new 2 cd compilation is coming out next week and is on iTunes right now.
The samples sound great! Damaged Goods is a favorite record label of mine and I trust this is going to be an all-time best. All I know about the band is that it featured Neil Palmer who is now leading The Vermin Poets. I bought their new album based on Billy Childish's involvement and Damaged Goods track record of great releases. But Palmer is the star here. I love the '60's British freakbeat vibe and the heavy Medway influence. The band is tight, the songs are fun and the album cover art is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I've learned today that I should probably just stick to posting my characters. Or to do a little more research before writing.

    But, really, these are two very good albums. Buy them now!

    ReplyDelete