Thursday, April 22, 2010

Creepers-Unplugged

I thought it might be a nice idea to show everyone what my Creepers look like in pencil sketch form. I always start with a pad of tracing paper and several colored pencils. I like the softness of colored pencils over graphite pencils. I usually start with a light color, like sky blue or pink. When I have something I like I tighten things up with a black or dark blue pencil. Then off to the scanner. I do most of the artwork in Photoshop, but like to do tight details in Illustrator, any lettering too. It's a cool way to work. I'll probably never go back to paint and brushes. Just too messy!

2 comments:

  1. I looooooooooooove seeing the sketches! It's cool to see the characters progress into the final artwork. Thanks for posting these! They are all so terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love seeing how folk get from the initial sketchy ideas through to the final image. Be great to see some more of these :)

    ReplyDelete